Robert Reed Publishers
Happily Un-Married by Dr. John Curtis
Relationships are Serious Business
Living together is becoming widely accepted among all ages, and this is the first book to take a serious and non-judgmental look at helping these couples improve the fitness of their relationships.
Anyone cohabitating or who is interested in learning more about cohabitation will benefit greatly by reading Happily Un-Married, Dr. Curtis’ new book. It provides a clear, straightforward explanation about cohabitation... the reasons for its meteoric rise, the consequences, the trends, and some startling predictions about the future of live-in relationships.
Happily Un-Married takes readers step-by-step through Dr. Curtis’ nine proven “strategies” to establish and sustain a thriving and healthy cohabitating relationship. Using exercises, quizzes, surveys, and written activities, couples will be able to successfully complete the following:
- Write a vision statement for their relationship
- Develop specific and measurable objectives for their relationship and for both partners
- Create a common approach to money and financing the relationship
- Identify a relationship “brand” and strategies for “marketing” the relationship
- Conclude a successful merger of “mind styles” process and agreement
- Draft job descriptions outlining each partner’s specific tasks and responsibilities
- Complete regular performance feedback sessions and an annual performance review
- Determine a relationship compensation and benefits “package”
- Conduct valuable partner meetings and an annual relationship retreat; and much, much more!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: John Curtis, Ph.D. is a researcher, organizational development consultant, business trainer, and author. Prior to that, John was a full-time marriage and family counselor and was a clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. He holds a Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from Barry University in Miami, FL. John is married with two children and two grandchildren.